Why Chapel Choir?
Here's a taste of what makes Chapel Choir special:
- No arch is comparable to the Chapel. And we sing in it every week.
- Be a professional singer, for $8.60/hour. That's right, every member of the Choir is paid to sing!
- Music mandatory, religion optional. Regardless of your religious and spiritual beliefs, you're always welcome in the Choir.
Sign up for an audition
The steps below have not yet been updated for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Click on this link
- Click on the "Log In" button if prompted (this step may not be necessary if you are already logged into WASS), and enter your NetID and password
- Click on one of the days on the calendar colored orange
- In the table of times, click on the (+) sign to make an audition appointment
- Click save to confirm your audition appointment
If there are no open audition slots available on the calendar, please contact our director, Penna Rose (email@example.com).
What to expect
The audition process is meant to be as stress-free as possible. Here's a rundown of what you'll need to do:
- Sing a prepared piece. This can be anything from Schubert to Sia, to Steely Dan, to the Star-Spangled Banner. Pick a piece you know well, so that you can demonstrate your vocal abilities!
- Sightread. Sightreading is an essential tool in the arsenal of any Chapel Choir singer, and you'll need this skill to keep up!
- Pitch memory. You'll be asked to sing a few notes after they are played for you, just to make sure that your musical ear is good.
During the academic year, Chapel Choir rehearses every Tuesday and Thursday, 5:00pm-6:30pm, and performs for each Sunday service at 11:00am-12:15pm, with the odd rehearsal or performance scheduled outside of these times on special occasions. We perform a major concert (and our music is recorded) once per semester and in early 2019 we will be going on tour to Morocco during intercession!
Here are a few ways you can find out more about Chapel Choir: